Billions of people around the world live with herpes. The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is a chronic relapsing infection which cannot be treated by vaccination.
Lesions of the mucous membranes (in the mouth) and lesions on the skin, called mucocutaneous lesions, are the most evident sign of HSV disease.
In patients with an intact immune system, immunocompetent patients, the ulcers are usually small in size, with mild pain and self-limiting.
In patients with an impaired immune system, immunocompromised patients, the ulcers are usually extensive, deep and associated with severe pain.
Patients may suffer from frequent outbreaks, the severity depends on the individual features of the host's body and the factors triggering the outbreak.
The most common drugs for treating HSV-infections are antivirals, such as acyclovir, valacyclovir and famciclovir.
But what are the options if these common treatments do not help during a relapse?
A clinical trial for a new drug called PRITELIVIR is now entering Phase 3. This drug has passed all previous stages of testing for safety and efficacy. It is designed for the treatment of HSV INFECTIONS in patients with immunodeficiency who are resistant to ACYCLOVIR and also intolerant to foscarnet or show foscarnet resistance.
The sponsor of this clinical trial is AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG in Germany and it will be done at 20+ clinical sites in the US.
Using this link you can fill out a form to see if you might qualify to participate in this treatment trial.
In case of successful qualification for the trial please be sure that concierge service will be provided and travel & accommodation costs will be reimbursed.
AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG, a pharmaceutical company located Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 475, 42117 Wuppertal, Germany informs you that:
- Your data included in the questionnaire are necessary to determine the possibility of your participation in a clinical trial of drugs for treating Herpes Simplex virus (HSV-1 / HSV-2).
- By submitting the data, you express consent to transfer data only to the pharmaceutical company conducting this clinical trial, AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 475, 42117 Wuppertal, Germany and to other parties authorized by AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG in collecting patient information for the clinical trial, Semantic Hub SARL, Avenue d´Ouchy 4, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland and Medpace Inc., 5375 Medpace Way Cincinnati, Ohio 45227, USA.
- Please note that your data will be transmitted in an anonymized form (without specifying your address, name, contact details).
- Any data you provide will be used solely for the purpose of determining your eligibility for participation in the clinical trial and will not be disclosed to anyone for any other purpose.
- The data you provide do not serve as a confirmation of your consent to participate in the clinical trial but will only be used to determine your eligibility to participate in it*. That is, the data provided are necessary for a preliminary assessment of your status as a potential future participant of the clinical trial. At a later stage additional data may be required.
- If you are enrolled into the clinical trial, you have the right to decide at any time to refuse to participate without any negative consequences.
- The data will be stored until the decision on your enrollment into the trial, but anyway no longer than 6 months.
* In the future you will be provided with the complete information about the clinical trial, conditions of your participation in it, as well as with the opportunity to receive any answers regarding the clinical trial and consult with the leading doctors at the clinical sites participating in the clinical trial.